May adult family members who are dependent children because of a handicap or a permanent disability, and who have a valid DD Form 1173 military ID card, travel with their sponsor regardless of age?

Yes. They may travel on the same basis as any other dependent. Documentation of the dependent’s permanent disability may be required.