Did you know that the Sunshine State is home to 175 Florida state parks from the Panhandle to the Keys? Each of these state parks offers its visitors a chance to explore the regional wonders whether it be historic forts and lighthouses, sandy beaches, mossy forest trails or indigenous species.
If you have been thinking about discovering more of Florida, click the link below to check out these six featured State Parks and start discovering today! Don’t forget to check out our convenient list of military lodging or RV camping nearby!
Military Lodging and RV Camping Nearby:
- Oleta River State Park: Located 30 minutes south of lodging at Hillsboro Recreational Cottages
- Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park: Located 35 miles of lodging at Homestead Air Reserve Base
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park: Located 37 miles northwest of lodging and RV camping at Panama City Naval Support Activity
- Hillsborough River State Park: Located 37 miles northeast of lodging and RV camping at MacDill Air Force Base
- Honeymoon Island State Park: Located 35 miles northwest of lodging and RV camping at MacDill Air Force Base
- Caladesi Island State Park: Located 30 miles northwest of lodging and RV camping at MacDill Air Force Base