Williamsburg in southeast Virginia remains a popular travel destination for visitors from all over the country and even the world. With original buildings and artifacts from the 18th century, and populated with people in costumes fashioned from the 1700s, a visit is like stepping back in time. Enjoy this interesting article outlining what can be found at this interesting and historical destination!
“Williamsburg is a unique Virginia city that has this time-travel concept pretty well figured out. For decades, millions of tourists have viewed the city, specifically Colonial Williamsburg, as a sort of living history textbook, where American Revolution-era reenactments happen, fully costumed actors in period garb walked around and meals found on dinner tables in the 1700s, when the town served as the Virginia Colony capital, were eaten.
Fast forward to the present and the city finds itself in a fascinating place, where it wants to embrace its vivid past, yet it fully understands that if it’s to hold the interest of today’s meme-obsessed traveler, it has to keep up with the current culture, too…” ~ Forbes
Please click the link below to continue reading this article!
And don’t forget the abundance of military lodging and RV/Camping sites within easy driving distance of Williamsburg!
Some of the nearby Military Lodging facilities include:
- 67th Street Townhomes in Virginia Beach, VA
- Chetham Annex Cabins and Navy Gateway Inns & Suites – Cheatham Annex in Yorktown, just 8 miles from Williamsburg
- Fort Eustis Cabins and General Smalls Inn, located 15 miles from Williamsburg
- Langley Inns in Hampton, about 30 miles from Williamsburg
And don’t forget the RV/Camping sites close to Williamsburg:
- Bethel Recreation Area in Hampton, 30 miles southeast
- Cheatham Annex Recreation Cottages & RV Park 8 miles away
- Fort Eustis Outdoor Recreation Area 15 miles away.
Finally, if you don’t mind driving a little further, there are many military installations with lodging and RV/Camping facilities located throughout Virginia! CLICK HERE to view the full list. Happy travels!